Moving into a new place is always exciting and a big reason to celebrate. And once a person’s settled into their new space, it’s customary they might want to throw a housewarming party to invite all of their loved ones over. Bringing a housewarming gift is not mandatory, but it is a wonderful gesture. If you’re struggling with what to bring as a housewarming gift, we listed 8 ideas below:
- Potted Plant: plants are great gifts to give because they’re long lasting, bring color and life to rooms, and purify the air. Some great plants to consider gifting include orchids, succulents, pathos, peperomia, and snake plants.
- Candle: a nice scented candle is a timeless gift that can go a long way in making a home feel comfortable and cozy. Candles will add some brightness and fill up a room with a pleasing aroma.
- Throw Blanket: cozying up under a soft throw blanket is ideal, especially during cold winter months. Blankets come in varying colors, materials, and textures. And blankets are available in different price ranges to match your budget; so you definitely won’t need to break the bank to find a luxurious blanket.
- Bath Towel: anyone can enjoy a plush bath towel, which makes this a great practical gift. Even if the gift recipient already owns multiple towels, extra towels can always be appreciated and will surely come in handy.
- Cheese Board Set: this is an item most people wouldn’t buy for themselves – which makes it a great item to gift others! It’s perfect to have when hosting guests over for wine and cheese nights. You can also find companies who offer monogramming or customized text for an added personal touch.
- Fresh Flowers with a Vase: you can never go wrong with giving a flower bouquet as a gift. It’s also a nice personal touch if you happen to know the gift recipient’s favorite flower. You should also consider gifting the flowers in a nice vase, in case they don’t already own an appropriately-sized empty one to house their new flowers.
- Dutch Oven: Dutch ovens or “casserole dishes” are versatile cast iron pots commonly used on stovetops, ovens, or even on tabletops when serving food. This pot will be a much appreciated gift that will surely get a lot of use in their kitchen for years to come.
- Bottle of Wine: assuming your gift recipient enjoys drinking wine, gifting a bottle of it is foolproof. Wine is perfect for any occasion and they can decide whether they want to open it to share it with their guests or save it for another time.